Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hotpads make me happy!

The big news of the week: My design wall is back up and functional! I'd been working without it since we moved in March. There was always some "reason" I couldn't put it up, and when my friend arrived, it's the first thing we did. Woo hoo! Beyond that, it was not a hugely productive sewing weekend, but we diagnosed what was wrong with her machine and had some relaxing girl time (plus we were entertaining and otherwise caring for the basic needs of a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old, so really, considering that, we accomplished a lot!)

I quilted and bound the hotpads I'm making for my neighbors.
Here's the turquoise set:

And the red set:

I used the loop-making technique from this tutorial over at So Sue. Quick and easy! 

I blogged about piecing these hotpads here, finally bought some Insul-Bright, and then straight line quilted them for an easy finish. I can't wait to give them to my neighbors--hopefully later today!
Here are each of the four, up close and personal. They are a bit straighter than they look here; my Photoshop silhouetting skills are not fantastic. 



I may have to make some for myself next...! Linking up to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict to share.


5 comments:

  1. I love pretty hot pads! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great hot pads! Great way to use up your scraps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found the tutorial helpful :) these hot potholders look amazing and will sure cheer up any kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for my visiting granddaughter to give a try! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty hotpads! I need to make some for our new home when we can move in. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete