Saturday, June 15, 2013

E-reader cover tutorial

When I first received my Nook e-reader a few years ago, I made a cover for it. I rushed to finish it before leaving on a trip, and my assembly plan was a bit flawed, so it was functional, but not great. 
Yet I still used it for almost three years. 

I recently made this e-reader cover, and I'm in love! 
The front of the case, complete with functional pocket.
The tutorial for it is available on Pellon's website as part of their Father's Day gift idea series. (Check out the other ideas that Pellon's designers have come up with--some fun and clever ideas!)

Because I was making this as a Father's Day gift idea, I wanted it to have a simple, classic look, so I modeled it on the idea of a leather portfolio (but with suede instead!) A zipper rather than a flap finishes it off.

I think it would make a great gift to give, but happily, my dad and husband don't have e-readers, and my father-in-law already has a cover, so guess what?! I'm keeping this for myself!
This case uses Peltex and fusible fleece for cushioning and protection, and the outside is three different colors of Mardi Gras 2 Roc-Suede that Roc-Lon sent me. 

Just simple piecing on the back--
I wanted it to look like color blocking that is showing up in fashion lately.

Hope you enjoy the tutorial (and Father's Day)! I know I'm enjoying my new cover, and we'll be celebrating the dads in our family tomorrow. :)





2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for little bags, zip totes, boxes, any container, really and this one is terrific! I love the quiet calm look of it--I'd keep it for myself too, if I were you!

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really beautiful! Good job!

    ReplyDelete