Friday, July 22, 2016

Block Happy! Summer edition

Scattered in amongst bigger projects I work on are the blocks I make for two groups--our Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild online challenges, and my do.Good Stitches Believe circle. Here are the last few months' worth of each. 

I showed these already--economy blocks I made for our March GLMQG meeting. 

But, I didn't show this. Here's how many blocks we had in the raffle--73! Aren't they fun?! And guess who won them?!?! 
Yep, me! 
Now I just have to decide what to do with them. There are a lot, but they are only 5" finished. So I either need to make more or decide on a layout that incorporates additional fabric pieces into it. Any ideas? I can't wait to play with these!

Our May GLMQG block: A Star block with a made fabric center. I was the speaker at our March meeting and gave a demonstration on made fabric--both how to make it, and then how to use it. I was surprised by how many made fabric projects I actually have! 


 My do.Good Stitches April blocks: 

And May:

And June: 

I just got my sewing machine back from a tune-up while I was on vacation--time to get July's blocks completed before the end of the month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment