Monday, January 30, 2017

Monkey in the Middle

I finished my January One Monthly Goal for the link-up over at Elm Street Quilts
I love how fast the quilting on small quilts goes!


I freehand quilted a spiral int the center block and then pebbles in the green monkey strips and various wavy lines in the rest. Circles and a Figure Eight design from Angela Walters' Free Motion Quilting book fill out the borders. I have tried this Figure Eight design before and struggled with keeping the shape. After a failed attempt on this quilt, I decided to sketch the design with a fabric marking pen. I didn't follow the lines exactly, but it really helped to keep me focused! I'll be trying that technique again until I am more comfortable with it. 

Always fun to see the quilting on the back! 

Now to bind this and deliver it to a charity! 
(Binding might be my February goal...)

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete